Tungsten Inner Gas welding or TIG welding has become a popular form of welding in recent years. It used an inert gas as electrode to pass current.
If you are looking for a good TIG welder and are unable to choose any one , don’t fret because we are here to help you choose only the best for you.
Below we present some of the best TIG welders for you to choose from. Have a look!
1. 2018 AHP Alpha TIG 200X 200 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig / Stick Welder
- 2018 models are in ! 200HRTZ on PULSE FREQ AND AC FREQ and NEW TORCH
- will do 1/4" aluminum and 3/8" mild stee and 110/220 volts and is capable of welding 7018, 6013
- Advanced Inverter Technology with PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Using IGBT technology
- quality TIG welding on aluminum, stainless or steel and precise welding of thinner-gauge materials
- unit features HF start tig and includes a foot pedal for great tig welding control and Operation
This welder is usually used for welding steel and aluminium material but you can’t underestimate its power of welsing other materials as well.it is made up of thin material.
It is a versatile material and can be used for a variety of materials. It can be used for both thicker and thinner materials. The AHP ALPHA welder can weld a ¼ inches thickness of aluminium and ⅜ inches thickness of steel . No matter whether you are an amateur or an expert this welder is suitable for you in both the cases . You need to know your requirements properly and this welder will function accordingly. It is an easy to configure and handle welder. The foot pedal makes it convenient to use and keeps the machine in control.
Lets look at some of its main features:
- Depending on the requirements and the material to be used you can set the machine accordingly as it comes in two phases mainly 110 volts and 220 volts.
- For heavy welding it is very useful as if provides a sixty percent duty cycle. It is thus highly productive.
- It weighs 69 pounds which makes it more suitable for places where it is to be used in a fixed position. If you do not require to move your welder frequently this welder is suitable for you. Its large size makes it available to be used with some of the advanced features.
- If you already know precise;y about your requirements you can set the specifications initially which makes it easy and smooth to use.
- The product comes with a warranty for 3 years has a voltage range of 110 v to 220 v and frequency between 50 to 60 hz, amperage range from 10 to 200 amperes and duty cycle of 60 percent.
- It has dual phases for the input power. Comes with a digital display.
- Adjustable output frequency and has advanced inverter technology.
- Provides excellent arc quality , easy to use and operate, productive and versatile.
- It is suitable for TIG welding specially for steel and aluminium.
- The foot pedal sometimes does not work properly and is easily worn out.
- The accessories are not the greatest.
2. 2018 EVERLAST PowerARC 160STH 160amp HF TIG Stick IGBT Welder
- Lightweight and portable - 35% at 160amp -- With HOT START
- IGBT Infineon Modules , inverter technology
- 160a HF TIG DC and STICK with build in valve
- 5 Year (Parts and Labor) and 30 days money back
- DUAL VOLTAGE 110v/220v
It is a light in weight ,small sized welder that offers smooth functionality. If you are looking for welder that is portable and can be used conveniently anywhere whether you are an expert , a beginner or do welding as a hobby , this is the one for you. It provides an optimum performance with its great adjustability. It can easily start on a lower power .it has a small size of transformer and is relatively cheaper. It has a post flow and a pre flow capability to ensure you with safety.
Let’s have a look at some of its features
- It has input power in two phases mainly 120 volts and 240 volts . if you have to work on long duty cycle choose high voltage , choose low voltage if you have to work on the thicker materials.
- It has a low duty cycle of 35 % which is highly effective in power conservation.
- The product is very small in size and light in weight with a weight of 39.5 pounds. It is easy to carry with a convenient shoulder strap to carry it.
- For precisely setting the current options the readings are shown on a digital display and the dinse style which ensures strong connections.
- Any burning is avoided by its high pulse frequency capability which reduces the heat flow.
- Input voltage of 240 volts, has an amperage range of 5A to 250A and comes with a warranty of five years.
- It is portable, light in weight , great functionalities and works on lower power input.
- It has a low power start and works in both ac and DC modes. The post flow and kro flow control helps to avoid exposure to gas.
- The arc control improves the performance of the welder especially when used for short arc.
- Completely adjustable with ac frequency ,AC balance control and remote control functions. It is the best welder for fine welds.
- Easy to maintain. The colour coded control make the welder functionalities easy to understand and operate.
- It is mainly for thinner materials .Using it for thicker material may be problematic.
- Welding on a lower amperage may be problemsome. Not suitable for aluminium welding.
3. 2018 Everlast PowerTIG 250EX AC DC TIG STICK Pulse welder 220 Volt Inverter-Based AC DC
- Low 5 amp Start for TIG in AC and DC modes (+/- 2 amps)
- Pre flow and Post flow control for maximum shielding gas protection before and after
- Arc force control for stick reduces spatter and helps improve arc performance in short arc conditions
- Consumable Starter Kit (Tungsten not included)
- Improved HF start circuit for reduced maintenance issues
The product comes with both pre and post control flows to ensure optimum protection from exposure to gas that is harmful for us. IT can operate on a 60 percent duty cycle at a power input of 240volts and can start on a low amperage range.
The arc control removes the spatter and helps you to perform well with shorter arc.
The welder has featured to adjust pulse ac frequency control stick and remote control functions .
- The welder is an all purpose welder which can be used for all the purposes like professional, casual and hobby.
- It comes with a digital display.
- It is portable and displays excellent results for thinner metals.
- Its high performance makes it worth for the price.
- It has a reliable duty cycle. 2T 4T and slope parameters are available for welding with torch switch.
- Easy to maintain and comes with a foot pedal.
- Not suitable for the thick metals.
4. TIG Welder, DC, Maxstar 150 STL, 115/230VAC
- It has dc inverter with lift arc features
- Stick, TIG application
- Welded material: steel
- Type: DC
The maxstar welder comes with unusually awesome functionalities that are difficult to find in the other welders . it is a high performance versatile welder. It can be operated upon different varieties of the metal . it comes with dual functionalities and so you can switch between stick and TIG welding. The DC inverter technology used in the welder makes it portable. It has a light weight of 13.7 pounds which makes it easy to carry.
The thermal overload protection makes it durable and highly efficient as its fan automatically reduces the power consumption thus reducing the heat produced. Can be used with 115v or 230 v which makes it flexible. It has a duty cycle of 35% at 100A , frequency range of 50 to 60 hertz and an input power range of 115 to 230 volts. The product has a warranty for 3 years.
- It is the best welder for steel works.
- It is easy to use and switching between the two voltages is easy with the MVP plug.
- Arc is stable and very smooth functioning.
- Versatile. It comes with a remote control for the amperage control.
- Portable and light in weight.
- Cannot weld aluminium.
- Cannot weld metals which are too thick.
- The foot pedal is not included in the kit .it is separately sold.
- The welder operates only on DC.
5. Lotos TIG200AC/DC 200A AC/DC Aluminum Tig Welder with DC Stick/Arc Welder
It offers diversity and is a dual purpose welder that can operate on two voltages as per the requirement. It comes with a variety of controls and settings for the most accurate results.
Has a high power efficiency of 80% and is best suited for stainless steel, aluminium , mild steel, and other metals. It can operate on 120V and 240V. Thus it is efficient for both light and heavy work. It can operate on AC as well as DC current but for heavy work use DC.
It has a duty cycle of 60% which avoids wastage of time due to any power breakage. The weight of the product is 58 pounds. It comes with a handle to carry it.
- It has a reliable duty cycle and is easy to operate.
- Portable with multiple functionalities.
- It has automatic dual voltage you do not need to adjust the voltage, the welder automatically detects and sets the features.
- The square wave inverter proc=vides precision and is more accurate for aluminium welding.
- Has a foot pedal for controlling heat. It is highly protected from any mechanical failures.
- Has advanced cooling system which makes it durable.
- It does not have certain features like pulse and variable frequency.
- The pedal does not function properly sometimes.
6. TIG Welder, Diversion 180, 120-240VAC
- PLASMA CUTTER--50AMP Plasma Cutter Current Output; Max Ideal Cut Thickness: 1/2" ; Max Severance Thickness: 3/4"; Compact Plasma Cutter Has a Handle for Portability and Uses Non-Hazardous Compressed...
- TIG WELDER: 15-200AMP DC TIG Electric Current Output; Quality TIG welding on Stainless or Steel and Precise Welding of Thinner-gauge Materials; HF arc start hand torch control and Precise Foot Pedal...
- SETUP WITHIN 1 MIN--The pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and air filter regulator allows you to quick connect to your air compressor by using the stand coupler existing on your air...
- THE COMPATIBLE CONSUMABLES SETS for this BROWN Color CT520D Plasma Cutter are "LCS22" or "LCS33". Please search "Loots LCS22" or "Loots LCS33"; NOT compatible with Loots LCON20, LCON40 or LCON90...
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE--We offer 30 days refund and 1-year free warranty, please submit registration form on our website.
This welder is a heavy duty and is suitable for both industrial and commercial purposes. Being made up of ceramic and steel it is extra durable. The product is new in the market but reliable.
It provides smooth and cleaner welds and is suitable for both aluminium and steel welding. The fan keeps the dirt from interfering with the functioning of the system. It works on dual voltage to enable both heavy and lighter works.
It operates on two voltages 120 V and 240 V . it has a duty cycle of 35 percent. It comes with two handles to carry it conveniently. The weight of the product is 50lbs.
The input and output power is displayed in a remote control system and it comes with remote control.
- It is made up of good quality material which makes is durable.
- The two handles are able to distribute the weight making it easy and light to carry.
- The foot pedal is remote controlled.
- It is easy to use and set up. The adjustments can be made very easily and conveniently.
- Performs well with both steel and aluminium.
- The foot pedal is difficult to work with as it does not function well sometimes.
- The fan may make too much noise even at low power voltages.
7. Lotos CT520D Air Plasma Cutter/Tig/Stick Welder 3 in 1 Combo Welding Machine
- Price For: Each Series: Diversion 180 Aluminum - Material Thickness: 0.025" to 3/16" Mild Steel - Material Thickness: 0.030" to 3/16" Includes: 12.5ft. Torch with Backcap, Ceramic Gas Cup, 3/32in...
- Power Source Weight: 50 lb. Welder Min. Output Amps: 10 Features: Inverter-Based, AC/DC Power Source, Fan-On-Demand, Portable Uses Miller's MVP(TM) Plug for Multi-Voltage Usage, Digital Display,...
- Application: Aerospace, Construction, Heavy Equipment Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Railcar, Shipbuilding, Boat / Yacht, High Purity Processing Input (Amps): 11.3/16 Rated Output: 60A...
It is a versatile and immensely powerful welder which can let you cut the metal to even ½ inch of size.it can operate on stainless steel , alloy steel , mild steel , aluminium as well as copper.
It is welder as well as provides functions of a cutter .it has a HF start hand torch and torch control pedal.
The product is a 3 in 1 combo with a 50 A plasma cutter , a 200 A stick welder and a 200 A TIG welder.
The product comes at a low cost and provides high speed and precise cuts. It is safe and easy to use. It works on dual voltage of 110 volts and 220 volts and a frequency range of 50 to 60 hz.
The lotos employs the latest technologies to its product.
It comes with high frequency inverter technology.
- Dual voltage , easy to use and adjust settings.
- Three in one product with high performance and high precision work.
- Easy to set up. The product comes with an already installed D plug and air filter regulator which enables faster connection to the air compressor.
- You can adjust the current of the arc .
- It includes 30 days return and a one year warranty.
- It works only on DC current.
- It is not very good for aluminium as the metal would twist and get burned.
8. Forney 324 MIG/Stick/TIG 3-in-one 190-Amp Welder, 120/230-Volt
- MULTI-PROCESS WELDER- 3 in 1 Stick Welder, MIG Welder and TIG Welder (Accessories for TIG Welding not included) everything you need in one machine
- EASY TO USE- Easy start makes every strike EASY! Three position switch allows you to change process quickly
- CONTROL YOUR WELD- Move at the right speed that fits your need, the flow meter supplies a correct regulation of gas using a single stage piston
- RUGGED- All metal case, built to take the day to day only using a voltage of 115 (15 amps) or 220 (50 amps)
- WELDER INCLUDES- Stick and MIG set-up. Along with a flow meter and gas hose
The forney 324 is the most flexible among the welders available in the market. It can perform MIG , TIG as well as stick welding at maximum ease. Thus you don’t need to buy separate machines for all the three different weldings. It is a multi process welder and is suitable for those who have an experience in welding as well as for those who are just a beginner. It can perform all the weldings from the simplest of household works to the most complex weldings that you may need to perform. Optimising the functions of the welder for different types of welding that you want to perform is very easy and it is a portable machine.
This machine supports dual voltages with voltage range of 120V and 230 V. with a maximum output of 190 amperes it can handle most of the tasks smoothly and efficiently. It has a duty cycle of 60 percent at 60 amperes. But overworking can reduce the duty cycle significantly. The weight of the machine is 43 lbs and it comes with a handle that allows to efficiently distribute the weight of the machine equally to carry it easily. The digital display displays the output current and the voltage.
- Excellent arc control and good amperage.
- Multipurpose and light in weight.
- Reliable duty cycle .
- Portable . you can select the speed suitable for you .
- It lacks DC mode.
- It is not suitable for heavy duty welding process.
- At 190 amperes it has a very small duty cycle of 20 percent only.
9. LONGEVITY Tigweld 200D – 200 Amp Tig/Stick Welder Dual Voltage 110v 220v
- The unit features high frequency start tig and includes a foot pedal for great tig welding control and operation
- The stick welder operates on 110v and 220v volts and is capable of welding 7018, 6013, and other stick welding electrodes
- Easily switch to from tig to stick with the flip of a switch. Features pre-flow, post flow, and cleanse function for greater welding control
- Excellent tig welding arc control with a variable amps and post flow setting. Overload protection protects your unit from fault
- Super light weight and portable allowing you to take move the unit around because of reliable inverter technology featured in the unit
It is a powerful welder working at 200 amperage and designed specially to provide mobility
And supports dual voltage. It is suitable for both commercial use and use at home purpose works. I has a high frequency start and comes with a foot pedal for optimum control. The duty cycle is dependent on the average. For accomplishing small home tasks use long duty cycle at lower amperage. With a weight of 39.7 pounds it is one of the lightest welders available in the market. The machine is small in size and hence it is easy and convenient to carry. The machine comes with inverter technology which is the same used in making transformers. It automatically detects the voltage to perform operations ,you do not need to adjust the voltage.
- Light in weight.
- Automatic voltage detection.
- Easily controllable arc.
- Thermal overload protection.
- The set up does not come with a regulator.
- Not very suitable for welding aluminium.
10. TIG Welder, Precision TIG 225, 208/230VAC
- 5-230 amps is the Wst welding range in its class
- Built-in TIG pulsar helps control heat input in the weld
- Digital Meter, and simple, well-spaced controls
- Standard NEMA 6-50 plug on 9 ft. (2.7 m) input power cord with receptacle
The machine performs both stick welding and precision welding both. This product is a little bit on the expensive side but the product is definitely worth the expense. It is designed to offer great efficiency and excellent performance. Switching between the two weldings is easy. The microstar technology supported by the machine allows it to start at low amperage and provides stability to the welder. Thus it offers great versatility and flexibility.
The product also has AC auto balance functionality which is good for penetration and cleaning and it proves excellent for aluminium welding. It lets you utilise the power consumption by letting you select from a range of 5 to 230 amps. It is durable . it has a complete duty cycle at amperage of less than 24 . The machine has a weight of 240lbs and is suitable for fixed position working places.
- The welding machine has three way internal polarity selector which makes the functioning easy and fast.
- It is multi purpose , has long life , low maintenance machine.
- Complete duty cycle at low voltage
- Adjust the functioning for cleaning , penetrating and pulse.
- Excellent capability for stick welding.
- Easy to customise and easy to use interface.
- Less portable and heavy in weight.
- Quite expensive.
11. Hobart 500551 EZ-TIG 165i AC/DC TIG Welder 230V
- Easy-to-Use Interface; All you need to do is power it up, select your material, and set the material thickness range
- Fan-On-Demand feature allows the fan to run only when needed, reducing dust/debris pulled into the unit
- Welds 22 ga up to 3/16 in. both AC (aluminum) and DC
- HF start to allow for a non-contact arc start to eliminate tungsten and material contamination
- Infinite Amperage Control provides broader operating range with finer control. High frequency starts
It comes with the simplest interface as compared to the other machines. The fan in the fachines keeps it protected from debris and dust. It also keeps the temperature of the machine moderate.
Its infinite amperage regulation makes it ideal for any material. You can easily use the machine at lower amperage because of its inverter power technology. Automatic post flow helps in shielding without any adjustments.
It works at 230 V. It can work with both AC and DC. Due to a single control know the power control becomes easy. It has a duty cycle of 20 percent at 125 A.
It has an easy to use interface. Set the thickness of the material , supply power and select the material. That’s it.
The fan on demand feature lets you run the fan only when it is required. To prevent contamination of materials like tungsten it comes with the feature for HF start which permits non-contact arc start. It is light in weight and two handles are included which make it portable.
- High frequency start
- Durable , light in weight and portable.
- Works with both AC and DC.
- High temperature shut down.
- Best for aluminium .
- A little bit expensive for using at homes.
12. Lincoln Electric Square Wave TIG 200 TIG Welder, K5126-1
It is one of the most portable welders among all those are available to us. If welding is your hobby and you do welding for fun this is the best welder for you. Although it is not so great for professional work , it is very efficient for lighter works. You can plug it to almost any power source. There is no issue of over-heating. It is supported by great customer service. For simple task you can work with AC power source and heavy tasks would require DC supply.
It is a double outlet with 120V and 240V output. It has a 25 percent duty cycle for TIG at an amperage of 125A and a duty cycle of 20 percent at an amperage of 75A. It comes with cerain advanced features such as automatic gas shut off.
- Best for hobbyists.
- Lightest and most portable welding machine.
- Easy to use,
- Not suitable for professional use.
- Does not perform heavy works.
13. Everlast PowerPro 256S 250a Tig Stick Pulse 60a plasma cutter Multi Process Welder
- Lightweight and portable AC DC WELDER WIT PULSE AND CUTTER
- IGBT Infineon Modules , inverter technology
- 250A TIG / 200A STICK / 60a PLASMA CUTTER COMBO
- 5 Year (Parts and Labor) and 30 days money back
- 1/2" weld on single pass on AC TIG - 1/2" on DC TIG , 7/8" cut on plasma
It comes with a package full of features with convenience of use and portability and futuristic designing. This is a multipurpose welder that can also work as a plasma cutter along with performing TIG welding and stick welding. Its inverter based technology minimises the electricity consumption. It is cost effective and has a lower amperage cycle to work upon.
One of the most crucial features of the machine is its current overload signal which tells whenever the duty cycle starts exceeding its limits.
It has selection switches which are user friendly , has a stable arc with smooth arc start.
The specifications include input voltage of 220 to 240 Volts amperage range of 2 A to 250 A and duty cycle of 60 percent at 250 A.
- Powerful machine.
- Compact , easy to use.
- Multiple rows of pulse flow and post flow help in lowering power consumption.
- Reliable and accurate.
These are the top TIG welding machines with their pros and cons specified. Choose the one that fulfils your requirements.